Visit our advertiser's website by clicking on their ad!
UPDATED August 28, 2014 at 8:00 a.m.
What’s going on this Labor Day weekend? Plenty!
• The Watermelon Reunion at the Comer farm on Saturday. Everyone is welcome to enjoy free watermelon, music and old fashioned fun. It’s located three miles west of Osgood on Fairgrounds Road.
• On Saturday, the Friendship Vol. Fire Department is celebrating 100 years and will have an open house at the fire house beginning at 2 p.m, with plenty of food, music and more.
• Milan American Legion has a bluegrass show Saturday at the Milan Legion Park featuring the Grascals.
• St. Anthony Church in Milan has their 97th annual Labor Day picnic Monday with mock turtle soup, chicken dinners, games and more.
• The Versailles American Legion is hosting a Labor Day picnic on Sunday. for members.
• It’s also the last weekend for the state park’s public pool to be open.
Some activities to look ahead to: Sept. 6 is the Versailles Main Street Cruisin’ the Square, and Sunman’s Salute a Soldier 5K.
UPDATED August 14, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
Pumpkin Show vendors sought
The 112th annual Versailles Pumpkin Show is approaching. It will be held the last Wednesday thru Sunday, September 24-28. Sponsored by the Versailles Lions Club, applications for quality arts and crafts are being accepted. If interested, call 812-621-0735 for an application and more information. Visit www.versaillespumpkinshow.com.
Ripley Publishing Company, Inc.
115 S. Washington Street
P.O. Box 158
Versailles, IN 47042